Thursday, February 19, 2009

Finally, some dual-speccing

In general I don't like making the game easier just to increase play, but at endgame/max level, there really is a need to be able to go with more than one spec. Panzerkin is a great solo spec, but not as conventionally useful in instances. There, I'd rather be feral. OKAY, I SAID IT. It's so much easier to find a group if you're a bear, or at least it was the last time I played, or even, dare I say it, spec'd resto. And let's face it, filling the heal slot as a panzer in healing gear is no fun whatsoever. (If you can find a group that lets you tank as 'kin, however, it's nothing but fun...)

So this, from Inside Mac Games, makes me once again want to start back up my char...

Nethaera: Why are we allowing players to dual spec after all this time?
Ghostcrawler: We really felt like this was a great way to increase the flexibility available to players and encourage them to take part in more aspects of the game. To use just one example, some players like to participate in both raids and Arenas, which is awesome behavior that we want to promote. But, there are some talents which are more useful in one part of the game than another.


That and some texts from an old guildie, that is. Man, I wish real life wasn't so time consuming. *sigh*

No comments: