Thursday, February 26, 2009

Eternal deferment [of my free 10 days]

More blog spam. Downloaded pretty much everything to get on the most recent version, but didn't quite get to playing. I have an old x86 PC that meets the suggested sys reqs, but it's running Win2k, which is no longer supported. And the PowerPC G4s aren't strong enough to run LK. What do to?

After some forum digging, it looks like I should be able to get started with my tired G4 Macs, which I guess is enough to burn my free 10 days tomorrow.

Did find this entertaining comment from the WoW forum thread "Wrath of the Lich King System Requirements":

Blizzard really does try hard to get people to buy new computers. I don't know if they watch the news or understand at all the very hard time we are all having economically. No its best to string them along with non-answers like the game will work in some fashion, but we won't tell you exactly because you might not buy WotLK.


Hilarious. Sword of Fargol was a good game in its day, but I'm not going to pay $20 to play it online now, thousands of other folks playing at the same time or not. Perhaps these sys req folk should go play UO with the original client. Fun!

I'm fairly glad Bliz is upping sys reqs, just upset that I don't have anything that can comfortably meet them right now. Where's my new NVIDIA'd Mac Mini?!

No comments: