Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tooltips a-comin'

From Wowhead's Wowhead Tooltips: FAQ & Guides:

Have a guild site? Blog? Personal website? Page on Geocities with pictures of your cat?
By the power of Wowhead...

We are pleased to announce a new, easier than ever way that users can implement Wowhead mouseover tooltips to item links within their pages! :)

Please be sure to follow all of the steps very carefully:

Step 1: Add this piece of HTML code anywhere on your page:

<script src="http://www.wowhead.com/widgets/power.js"></script>

Step 2: Smile and pat yourself on the back at a job well done!


I still use Thottbot for reading user comments, usually on quests, and WoWWiki for reputation guides, but Wowhead has slowly made its way in as the place I go for item info. With this nicely done script, I think we'll start seeing some hovering tooltips on panzerkin soon.

Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

Fwiw, you can get good info from the Armory if you use Firefox (Safari's no go -- more specifically its for me right now) with links like http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=30677, but you'll have to parse the XML yourself. That is, I'm not aware of any tooltip html functions at Blizzard's site.

In other news, I found my crappy healing gear isn't likely good enough to get through Shadow Labyrinth during this, my third run through. Luckily our main tank's mother made him stop playing (I doubt he argued; I'd lost him (but only him!) twice already), opening up a slot for a guildie to bring in his priest. The OT went MT, I rolled from heal to DPS, and we finished up with just one wipe at Murmur. Got the Demon Book from Vorpal (sp?), so I should have the +185 dmg to demons dagger after running Mechanar soon.

No comments: